COVID-19 and the library
How the Library is Responding to COVID-19:
- Due dates on all items have been extended to June 15, 2020.
- Our book drop is open 24 hours a day.
- Patrons whose cards have expired since September 1, 2019, will have their cards renewed through May 31, 2020.
- Patrons with fines on their cards can still access our electronic resources.
- Even if you don't have a library card, you can still gain access to our electronic resources. Apply for a library card online and receive a temporary card number through your email.
- Curbside pickup is by appointment only. Call (414) 509-2141 or fill out our online form to request items and schedule an appointment.
- Curbside pickup is for items that you have on our holdshelf or other Greenfield Public Library items only. We cannot request items from other libraries.
- We are taking precautions to maintain social distancing during curbside pickup. There is no contact with staff members during this service. When you arrive, we will bring out your bag of books, hang the bag on a hook attached to the parking spot sign, and then leave before you get out of your car to retrieve the books.
- We are quarantining all returned items for three days before allowing them to be checked out again.
- Curbside pickup hours are Monday-Thursday 10:00 AM-7:00 PM, Friday 10:00 AM-6:00 PM, and Saturday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Please limit your request to 10 items or less.
We are answering reference questions. Call us at (414) 321-9595 and select option 3 or text us your question at (414) 286-1247.
Reference Hours are Monday-Thursday 10:00 AM-7:00 PM, Friday 10:00 AM-6:00 PM, and Saturday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Check out ebooks and audiobooks at Wisconsin's Digital Library.
Check out ebooks, audiobooks, videos, and music through Hoopla.
Hoopla monthly check out limit will return to 4 items per month starting June 1, 2020.
When setting up a Hoopla account, make sure to select the library in the city in which you live. For example, even if you use the Greenfield Public Library, but live in Milwaukee, you must choose Milwaukee Public Library as your library when setting up your account.
- Check out current and past issues of popular magazines through RB Digital.
- Read newspapers online now through June 13, 2020, through Pressreader.
- Find a variety of licensed trustworth content, such as genealogy research, automotive repair guides, test preparation tools, encyclopedias, newspapers, and magazines.through our databases.
Participate in our virtual programs on our Facebook page.
Teens & Adults:
- Mondays: How-To Videos
- Mondays & Thursdays: Trivia
- Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.: Lap Sit Story Time with Ms. Gloria
- Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.: STEAM Experiments with Ms. Christine
- Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.: Story Time with Mr. Mark
- Fridays at 10:30 a.m.: Toddler Time with Ms. Christine
- Saturdays at 6:00 p.m.: Pajama Story Time with Mr. Mark